The Plus Project: Jason Mkrtschjan
Today I’ve selected Jason (Jay Mathes) Mkrtschjan for the Plus Project. Jay is 28 years old, and lives in Illinois with his wife Megan. He is a songwriter, musician, recording artist, and music producer. He like’s rock-climbing and backpacking, but didn’t like the movie “2012″ (admittedly, not the best Cusack film). Jay’s music touches on faith and hope, love, loss, the quiet aching questions of our lives, and the dreams we all privately yearn to have fulfilled. Jay holds the view that connecting with fans is best done in person, and he eschews the lack of authenticity often found on social media sites. As such, he is the first person I’ve selected that doesn’t seem to be routinely active on Google+, but he blogs regularly at jaymathes.blogspot.com about a variety of topics, from the music industry, to philosophical questions, to everyday experiences, and he posts really cool photos of studio sessions and performances at flickr.com/photos/jaymathes (and Jay, I hope you read this and see that social media can be an effective way of reaching new listeners). You can, of course, find his music at myspace.com/jaymathes, and video blogs at youtube.com/user/jaymathesmusic. In a world that is all too frequently dismissive of our unique personal goals and desires, Jay is a superb example of someone completely committed to living out his dreams in a fresh, authentic and humble way. Jay is a super talented writer and musician, so you should definitely add him to your circles, and if you’re in the Chicago area go check out his upcoming show at Hidden Shamrock, or see his website at jaymathes.com for other upcoming shows.
- @seanfee80 Sounds good. :) 1 week ago
- @seanfee80 Heya! If you'd like to talk further, you can shoot me an email to email@example.com so we can discuss what you're needing. 1 week ago
- @ayoub thanks for the plug! 1 week ago
- Independence Day 2014: youtu.be/cdzABuUdvuI?a via @YouTube 2 weeks ago
- I wrote about my fear, and how it drives me. - Living Out of Fear Versus the Reality of Your Story wp.me/p1VuK4-CM 3 weeks ago