Thoughts on The Plus Project
So, I just concluded the Plus Project yesterday. If you’re interested you can go read that post here, or follow the discussion about it here. I had expected there to be some people that would congratulate me, or offer some nice words, but the outpouring of support that I received went way beyond what I could have expected. Why am I still talking about this? Because it is a great example of the way that sharing our stories and our lives with each other can bring us together. Not in some hokey utopian kind of way, but in a real and authentic human kind of way.
I’ve met so many wonderful people through this experience. Certainly the people that I selected for the Plus Project come to mind, but I’ve also met so many incredible people through them. People I never would have spoken to otherwise. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not naive. I know that it’s not like I just magically became BFF’s with everyone all of a sudden, and there are some (maybe even many) of them that I probably will never hear from again. But that’s ok. It’s ok that our connection may have been transient. It’s ok because the point wasn’t to build lifelong friendships (though that would be nice), the point was to make someone smile, even if only briefly.
I also wanted to remind the readers that I am still looking for people that would like to begin their own iteration of the Plus Project. I’d love to help you if you’re interested, but it doesn’t have to be a collaboration. You’re welcome to do it on your own. I would encourage you to do whatever you love. Do whatever you’re good at. Whatever sparks passion in your heart, do that thing, and find a way to bring others into it. It doesn’t matter what that thing is, just take a step in the direction of what you love, and invite others on the journey.
I’m keeping this short and sweet today, so go hug someone, go laugh with someone, or comfort someone. Go play with someone, or share your story with someone. Go and share your authentic joy with another person, and remember that only you are uniquely qualified to share your joy with the world.
- Grande Caramel Macchiato FTW. #coffee #starbucks #caffeine @ Barnes & Noble instagram.com/p/BEW0VaVsPAb/ 2 weeks ago
- My pup Tonka enjoying this beautiful day! #dog #puppy #dogsofinstagram #puppylove @ Liberty,… instagram.com/p/BERfrVPsPN0/ 2 weeks ago
- I saved a @YouTube playlist youtube.com/playlist?list=… Wheel of Musical 1 month ago
- Handlebar in full effect. #beard #mustache @ Liberty, Missouri instagram.com/p/BCfaruSMPGW/ 2 months ago
- How I roll. #dapper #beard #mustache #glasses @ Kansas City, Missouri instagram.com/p/BBAtmWcsPG7/ 3 months ago